Using Toilet Paper Rolls For Seed Starter

HOW TO GROW SEEDS
Planting already started plants is easy. It is a simple dig a hole and put the plant in. The problem comes in with the price of plants. Some annual flowers can cost up to $5 a plant, depending on where you buy it. Growing plants from seeds is much more cost effective. EVen the expensive seeds I have seen are less than a single plant and with a seed pack, you can grow a dozen or so plants for the price of one. Many people don’t like to grow from seeds because they don’t know how or think it is complicated.

HOW TO START SEEDS
Make sure you buy good seeds. Do not save the seeds for year. Those seeds usually do not grow. I do not recommend the seeds from the dollar store either. I rarely have luck with those. This can leave you frustrated.

HOW TO START A GARDEN
We collect toilet paper rolls, so we always have a bunch of them lying around, just waiting for a craft or repurpose. I *think* I saw this idea in a magazine that I was glancing through in the line at a store. But at the time, I was only flipping through, not paying much attention, so I don’t know what magazine it was, if it actually was even a magazine, or if that is even where the idea came from. I just know, I saw it somewhere, sometime, and it stuck in my head until I actually did it.

Be sure you are using the right soil. If you are plating veggies, don’t use flower soil. The chemicals are different. Some soils are made for both. That is the kind I have. I recommend using gardening gloves. A lot of potting soil that has fertilizer in it, has cow manure or something similar. This isn’t really something you want on your hands.