HOW TO MAKE NEWSPAPER SEEDLING POTS


How to Make Newspaper Seedling Pots – Well, it’s that time of year to get all the seedlings started. Usually I just get those little plastic seedling trays to start my plants in but I’ve never been thrilled with the result for my tomatoes which grow stronger when started in roomier pots. And well, why not save a few bucks and be environmentally friendly at the same time. Simply use the newspaper you already have in your recycling and you can whip up tons of these little pots in no time.

I found a YouTube tutorial that explained how to make newspaper seedling pots but really, you can figure it out pretty quickly just by looking at these photos.

Materials:

Newspaper (the good old Saanich News is what I used – it’s a smaller tabloid size which is great for this)
Some sort of can (soup, beans, spaghetti sauce… whatever size you prefer)
Scotch tape